Monday, June 2, 2014

too busy to blog

or maybe too lazy to blog...too boring to blog?  this is day 7 of "How I spent my summer vacation".  Slept in for the 1st time since the last day of work.  Then started putzing around with my flowers, planting a few more, begonias, some cactus for the sun, before I knew it, it was 1:30 and pretty warm outside.  And I still haven't tackled the kitchen.  That's next.

Day 6, yesterday, I went to tennis drills in the morning, then my spouse and I went boating with my brother.

Day 5,  Saturday, I don't remember.  no, that's not true.  walked 1.5 miles with friend, I bought flowers that were planted on day 7, and went to tennis drills.  Then got an invite from my sister for dinner.  My family is being very nice to me.  I wonder if it's because my son is on a road trip to lend a hand to out of state family...or if it's just a coincidence.  Both events were much appreciated.

Day 4, Friday, I think I took it kind of easy.  I don't sleep well after playing tennis at night, and woke up earlier than I wanted to.   So, I watched the French open, started this blog, and caught up on "Call the Midwife".

Day 3,  3 mile walk with friend, eggs and kale for breakfast - yum -  bought and planted flowers.  I must have had the car that day.  Played tennis that night, two sets, lost.  but it was nice to be out playing.

Day 2 - walked 4.5 miles with friend, woohoo!  Finished the All-girl filling station's last reunion.  Lousy title, but the historical novel does inform about the WASPs in WW2.

Day 1 - laundry and vacuuming.  what a start to summer vacation!  but we had dear friends over for dinner, and that was lovely.





No comments:

Post a Comment